Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Las noticias del programa : Español



¡Hola!  As a new teacher to the Manchester-Essex Regional School District, I’m very excited to join the Essex Elementary and Manchester Memorial Elementary schools as the Spanish and French teacher.  I’ve worked as a Foreign Language teacher for nearly a decade, but this is my first chance to work with elementary students, so I’m very excited about the new challenge.

Second through fourth grade classes have Spanish once a week.  We will continue to learn the basics of Spanish while focusing on practicing these basics in every day conversation.  We will focus on practicing with many small in-class projects, some written and some spoken.  In addition to language and conversation, culture and history will be discussed in class, with interdisciplinary connections made whenever possible. 

In fifth grade the students will have a more intense experience with classes twice a week.  As in the past, the first half of the year will be Spanish and the second half will be French.  The dominant language of the classroom will be whichever language we are studying.  Whenever possible, we will try to speak in Spanish and later in the year, French.   

Once I get more settled into a routine here at MERSD, hopefully early October, I will be posting foreign language links and class updates on my website:

                        senoracarrancho.wordpress.com

I’m very excited to be on board here at MERSD and am looking forward to a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment